COVID-19 Amendments to Standard Terms and Conditions
Cancellations: If you or we are obliged to cancel your holiday booking before your arrival date due to Government Rules & Restrictions imposed because of the COVID pandemic, or anyone in your party or we ourselves test positive for COVID-19 and have to self-isolate, we will refund all payments made by you to us. Where you have already begun your holiday and are obliged to cut it short for the same reasons, we will refund the rental for the remaining nights of your holiday. If you or a member of your party experience symptoms of COVID-19 or discover that you have tested positive or are required to isolate due to close contact with a person that has tested positive, you must advise us immediately, make your way home as soon as possible and if necessary arrange to get tested and we will refund the rental for the remaining nights of your holiday.
Visitors: Until all COVID restrictions are lifted we will not allow guests to invite visitors onto our site.
Guests should bear in mind that some hospitality outlets and local attractions, including those mentioned on our Local Area Attractions and Amenities page, may not be open or not operating a full service and you are strongly advised to check with individual venues online or by telephone when planning your holiday.
We are very pleased that you may like to come and stay in our Shepherds Hut, so here are our Terms and Conditions for holiday rental. Please take a few minutes to read these before completing and sending your booking enquiry. If there is anything unclear, please do not hesitate to contact us using the form on the Enquiries page of the website and we will be happy to provide you with further explanation to avoid any misunderstanding.
- Once your booking is confirmed and you pay the Reservation Deposit or the Full Rental, a contract will exist between us and will bind you and the other person coming with you to these terms and conditions.
- PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS. Payments of Reservation Deposits and Final Payments (including Security Deposits) can be made to us by either Online Banking Transfer (our banking details will be on the Booking Form we send you) or by Personal Cheque. Refunds will be made by On Line Banking Transfer direct to your nominated bank account. Credit/Debit Card payments and cash payments are not accepted. If a booking is made at short notice, which will not allow time for your personal cheque to clear, the full amount must be paid by online banking transfer.
- DEPOSIT & FINAL PAYMENT. A Reservation Deposit being 75% of the total Holiday Rental amount is payable immediately upon provisional confirmation of your booking. The balance of the Holiday Rental amount plus a Security Deposit of £75 is payable 40 days before the arrival date. Bookings made and confirmed less than 40 days before the arrival date must be paid in full plus the security deposit. Reservation deposits, which remain unpaid 7 days following the booking being confirmed and overdue final payments will result in the booking being treated as a cancellation (See Item 4 below).
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, any member of your party and any bona fide visitors and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A Security Deposit of £75 is required to cover the cost of any loss, damage and deep cleaning reported or discovered during or on completion of the rental period. Refunds of all or remainder of the Security Deposit will be made to your nominated bank account within 5 working days of your departure date.
- CANCELLATIONS. All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 40 days before it is due to start, we will refund all monies paid to us less £100. If you cancel your holiday 40 days or less before it is due to start, your reservation deposit will be forfeit. If we are obliged to cancel your holiday for reasons beyond our control, we will notify you at the earliest opportunity and promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made by you to us. We will not refund any monies if you decide to leave before your departure date. Any refunds due to you following cancellation of your holiday will be made to your nominated bank account within 5 working days of receiving your written notification.
- INSURANCE. We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- PARTIES AND EVENTS. The maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 2 persons and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property (excepting the limited provisions made for visitors at Item 7 below). No parties or events are allowed on site. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- VISITORS. By prior agreement with us, up to 2 adult visitors are allowed on site between the hours of 11am and 7pm. An additional charge is made per person per day.
- BOOKINGS. The person making the booking must be one of the up to two persons coming on the holiday. All persons staying in our Shepherds Hut must be aged 18 or over and we cannot accept bookings from persons under 18 years of age. The maximum continuous letting period is 28 days. We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving reasons. We or our appointed representatives reserve the right to enter the Shepherds Hut at any time to undertake essential maintenance and repairs or for inspection purposes. You may not under any circumstances re-let or sub-let the property, even free of charge.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE. Lettings commence at 3pm on the day of arrival and guests must vacate the hut by 11am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed with us, to allow time for the hut to be prepared for incoming guests.
- SMOKING. Smoking is not allowed either in the Shepherds Hut nor on any other part of the property, including the garden and driveway.
- PETS. Sorry pets are not allowed.
- DAMAGE AND BREAKAGES. Please treat the property and facilities with care and let us know if something is missing or damaged let us know so that we can take appropriate action and if you damage or break anything during your stay please report it to us promptly, especially before you check out. We will check the Shepherds Hut and contents at the end of your stay and you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- HOUSEKEEPING & COMMUNITY.
- Please remove footwear on entering the hut and do not wear stiletto heels inside the hut as they may damage the floor.
- Please lock the door and close the windows on leaving the hut unoccupied and ensure that the lock to the pedestrian gate is secured at all times to prevent unauthorised access.
- Please switch off internal lighting/heating and any non-essential electrical appliances when you go out and do not fill the wood burning stove full of fuel before leaving the hut or retiring for the night.
- Please do not take away any towels provided from the hut. Bring your own beach towels with you if you intend to go swimming.
- Please ensure that the hut/gate keys are returned to us at the end of your stay, otherwise we reserve the right to charge you for replacements, which may include new locks.
- Other than use of the microwave and toaster, no cooking is allowed in the hut. Please use the BBQ facilities outside to prepare hot food.
- Please do not dispose of wet wipes, sanitary pads, tampons, condoms, cotton wool, cotton buds etc. in the toilet. Place these in the separate bin provided and we will remove them at our daily service of the hut.
- Please park your vehicle in the designated space on our driveway.
- Please respect our neighbours and ourselves by keeping noise levels to a minimum especially between 11pm and 8am.
14. FOR YOUR SAFETY
- Wear sensible footwear on site at all times as the garden undulates and suffers some damage by wildlife such as moles and squirrels.
- Please stay within the designated area of the garden at all times unless invited by us into the private areas and main property and refrain from any activities which may damage the planting and other structures.
- Please do not bring onto sight mains powered electrical appliances for heating, cooling, cooking and cleaning. Any appliances for essential personal use such as hair dryers must be CE marked and where necessary PAT tested.
- Please do not place any items on or near the wall mounted panel heater and the wood burning stove.
- No candles or any other devices with a naked flame are to be lit in or around the hut.
- External lighting is provided at the entrance gate and PIR operated floodlights are fitted at the main dwelling and the Shepherds Hut. The steps on the Shepherds Hut are fitted with LED lighting and there are LED downlights in the veranda soffit (you will need to ensure that the Hut floodlight and LED lighting is switched on prior to leaving the Hut if you will be returning after dark).
- The Hut is fitted with mains powered smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and a mains/battery maintained emergency light.
- In the event of Fire, leave the Hut immediately, go to the conservatory at the main house and call the fire brigade by dialing 999 or 112 . A Fire Notice is also positioned above the fire extinguisher in the hut.
- A basic First Aid Kit is provided in the kitchen cupboard above the sink.
- A dry powder fire extinguisher and a fire blanket are sited at the Hut door but must only be used after you have called the fire brigade, without putting yourself at risk and if you are competent in the use of this equipment.
- We cannot accept liability or responsibility for the loss, theft or damage of guests vehicles, personal belongings, credit/debit cards and cash brought on site.
- We cannot accept liability or responsibility for injury to guests whilst on site where the site rules and instructions for use of our facilities have not been followed.
- We shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the Shepherds Hut and grounds.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, water, BBQ gas or availability of mobile telephone and internet services.
Please bring to our attention any problem or complaint that arises during your stay and we will do our best to resolve the matter. We cannot reasonably consider such matters once you have departed.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.